Apple has a history of knowing what people want and producing it, even though Apple's products also have the name of being a little expensive, but that is neither here nor there. If someone wants something badly enough, price frequently does not come into it. A good example of this is Apple's iPhone.
People, particularly young people, like to personalize their phones and the iPhone permits them to do just that. The most usual form of customization is changing the ringtone, because it can become terribly confusing when a cell phone goes off in a room full of people, if nobody has personalizes the default ringtone.
OK, there are a few of dozen cell phone manufacturers and every one has its own default ringtone, but in any pub or any cafe at any time, there will be a number of Nokias, several Samsungs, et cetera, et cetera..
Apple are well aware of this need for customization and so there is lots of chance for it built into the iPhone. Apple, especially with regard to to ringtones is one of the most flexible phones.
The iPhone is a cell phone, an organizer and a camera, but it is also an MP3 player. This is one of the two main formats for keeping sound and so it allows for lots of opportunities.
This s because MP3 is the preferred format for most music files and so offers the most choice. Anyway, if you were stuck for choice, Apple offers more than 500,000 ringtones and tunes to pick from at its iTunes Store. There is all sorts there.
It is handy to know the main sorts of ringtones, so we will run through them here:
* Monomorphic ringtones are simple tunes, played one note at a time.
* Polymorphic ringtones are more complicated, playing a number of notes at the same time.
* Truetones are recordings of songs in MP3 or AAC format, which are the formats used by modern music players.
* Singtones are in essence karaoke tunes. You or a friend sings the words of a famous song to a professionally played tune. Software synchronizes the two soundtracks and then you have a singtone.
* Video ringtones are recordings of, say, a band playing a snippet of music at a live concert. The video is set off by an incoming call.
You can see from the various kinds of ringtones that the Apple iPhone can deal with, that there is no reason why your ringtone should not really stand out in a group of people. Besides these capabilities, you can easily go to one of the numerous on line cell phone ringtone aggregators and either use one of their clips or create something completely unique to yourself.
One thing is for certain, the iPhone makes it very simple to download and install any ringtone you want to use in order to customize it.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!